Welcome to the official website for the
Building Michigan Communities Conference.
With over 1,700 attendees, the Building Michigan Communities Conference has quickly become the largest conference of its kind in the United States. The conference is attended by service providers, nonprofit and for-profit developers and financiers.
Call for Presentations for the 2016 Conference
The deadline to submit your proposal for the 2016 Building Michigan Communities Conference is September 1, 2015. As one of the nation’s largest gatherings for our industry, this event shines bright with its inspiring speakers, networking opportunities and breadth of available knowledge. We are seeking a diverse group of sessions that will inspire audiences of all learning levels and demographics. Send us your ideas on topics ranging from housing, assets, people and partners and everything in between.
We are looking for sessions covering the following general areas:
- Ending Homelessness
- Organizational Development
- Vibrant Communities
In addition, we are looking for sessions that focus on the following:
- Upper-level/advanced, engaging, or interactive sessions
- Placemaking implementation sessions
- Diversity, social equity, or fair housing sessions
- Advanced food systems sessions
- Arts and culture sessions
- Natural features and the blue economy sessions
- Youth and student engagement sessions
- Healthy communities sessions
- Innovative fund development sessions
- Business, entrepreneurship, or talent-focused sessions
- Rural or small town-focused sessions
- Best practices in all areas of service delivery for those who are experiencing homelessness or housing crisis, including work in the RRH area, and targeted populations such as homeless families, youth, veterans and chronic families.
- Programs that work hand in hand with homeless service delivery including but not limited to prisoner reentry and employment initiatives.
Click here to submit your proposal
All proposals are due by midnight on September 1, 2015.
Interested in BMCC exhibit or sponsorship opportunities?
Sponsorship information will be available in the fall.
Mark your calendar for future dates for the Building Michigan Communities Conference!
April 25 - 27, 2016
April 24 - 26, 2017